Youth Participation Worker required
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £24,854 per annum pro rata.
North Yorkshire Youth is the modern face of a youth association dating back to 1941, and today our mission remains that of our founders – to provide learning and personal development opportunities for children and young people.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable individual with youth work delivery experience to join our Youth Development Team. You will be based at Carlton Lodge Activity Centre but will work in Direct Delivery Clubs across Harrogate, Hambleton, Richmondshire, Ryedale and Selby
Funded by North Yorkshire County Council the aims of the roles are:
- Provide operational support to Direct Delivery staff.
- Support and deliver project/issue based work.
- Set up and support youth councils/forums.
- Support Direct Delivery projects to become more sustainable.
- Support additional transitions within divisional region.
- Be the Lead Worker at Northallerton Youth Space.
- Attend relevant multi-agency meetings.
- Encourage young people to participate in their communities.
- Share the great work that NYY carry out through social media and publicity.
- Support the work of the wider Youth Development Team
- Contribute to the YSS outcomes identified in the Children and Young People’s Plan and Young and Yorkshire
- Work as a member of the wider children’s and young people’s workforce across North Yorkshire
For a discussion about this opportunity, please call Clare Yates on 01845 522 145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack please visit http://www.nyy.org.uk/nyy-vacancies or call Annalisa on 01845 522145 email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 5pm Friday 7th December 2018